At New Image Surface Coatings, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality epoxy flooring solutions that are durable and long-lasting. While epoxy flooring is known for its resistance to stains and damage, it does require some maintenance and cleaning to keep it looking its best over time. In this blog post, we’ll provide some tips and advice for maintaining and cleaning your epoxy flooring.
Regular maintenance is key to ensuring the longevity and appearance of your epoxy flooring. Here are a few tips for keeping your floors in good condition:
- Sweep or Vacuum Regularly: Dirt and debris can scratch and dull the surface of your epoxy flooring over time. To prevent this, it’s important to sweep or vacuum your floors on a regular basis, especially in high-traffic areas.
- Wipe Up Spills Immediately: While epoxy flooring is resistant to stains, spills can still leave a mark if left sitting for too long. Be sure to wipe up any spills immediately using a damp cloth or mop.
- Use Soft Bristle Brushes: When cleaning your epoxy flooring, it’s important to use soft bristle brushes or microfiber mop heads to avoid scratching the surface.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on your epoxy flooring, as these can damage the surface and dull its appearance over time. Instead, opt for gentle, pH-neutral cleaners that are safe for use on epoxy floors.
In addition to regular maintenance, it’s important to perform a deep clean of your epoxy flooring every so often to remove dirt, grime, and other buildup. Here are some tips for deep cleaning your epoxy flooring:
- Prepare the Surface: Before cleaning your epoxy flooring, be sure to remove any furniture or objects from the room and sweep or vacuum the floor to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Use a Gentle Cleaner: To deep clean your epoxy flooring, you can use a gentle cleaner like dish soap or a pH-neutral floor cleaner. Mix the cleaner with warm water and apply it to the surface using a soft-bristle brush or mop.
- Scrub the Surface: Using your soft-bristle brush or mop, scrub the surface of your epoxy flooring in circular motions, paying extra attention to any areas with stubborn stains or buildup.
- Rinse Thoroughly: Once you’ve scrubbed the entire surface, be sure to rinse it thoroughly with clean water to remove any remaining cleaner or dirt.
- Allow to Dry: Finally, allow your epoxy flooring to air dry completely before replacing furniture or objects in the room.
At New Image Surface Coatings, we recommend deep cleaning your epoxy flooring every six months to a year, depending on the level of traffic in the area.
In conclusion, maintaining and cleaning your epoxy flooring is key to ensuring its longevity and appearance over time. By following these tips and performing regular maintenance and deep cleaning, you can keep your epoxy flooring looking its best for years to come. If you have any questions about maintaining or cleaning your epoxy flooring, please don’t hesitate to contact the experts at New Image Surface Coatings.